With the information below, you can kick off your own campaign whenever you are ready. The posts have been contributed by many guest bloggers -- our partners at Lifework Strategies, ASHA staff and others -- so you'll have the benefit of many perspectives.
We're thrilled to have the support of the Mediterranean Café and Ray Renn. Mustapha and Taib at the Mediterranean Café developed a special menu just for us. Ray Renn is providing a discount on a weekly vegetable delivery to ASHA staff during the challenge. We are grateful!
- 30 Day Mediterranean Lifestyle Challenge
- 9 Tips to Create Your Own Blue Zone
- Will Our 30 Day Mediterranean Lifestyle Challenge Make You Healthier and Happier?
- Are You Ready to Go Mediterranean? -- Guest Post by Cyndi Fales
- Live Well. Be Well. -- Kickoff with Tony Robbins
- Finding Your Motivation -- Guest Post by Laura DeFilippo
- Mediterranean Diet in the News
- Satisfying and Delicious -- Accept the Challenge and Take the Pledge
- Goals and Good Friends -- Guest Post by Sara VanDenHeuvel
- Make it Vegetarian -- Guest Post by Deedee Moxley
- Drop Those Extra Pounds -- Guest Post by Cyndi Fales
- The End of Diet Thinking -- Three Tips to Coach Yourself Thin
- Wave 1 -- Guest Post by Lydia Lui
- Mediterranean Diet for the Family …. Hip, Hip … Hooray? -- Guest Post by Kellie Rowden-Racette
- Kitchen Cleanup -- Guest Post by Diane Paul
- Wave 1 Tips and Recipes from Cindy Mann
- Stocking Your Kitchen for Healthy Eating -- Guest Post by Deb Dixon
- The Mediterranean Café (Sonoma Diet Menu included)
- Measure Your Progress with Biometric Screenings -- Guest Post by Cyndi Fales
- Nix Those Cravings -- Guest Post by Terry Harris
- Table for One -- Guest Post by Jeanette Janota
- Walking, wellness and a German shepherd named Mimi -- Guest Post by Gary Dunham
- The Thursday Veggie Box Delivery -- Guest Post by Terry Harris
- Unprocessed Schunprocessed -- Guest Post by Kellie Rowden-Racette
- Salt Savvy -- Guest Post by Kellie Burkinshaw
- What should I drink? -- Guest Post by Lydia Lui
- Wave 2 -- Guest Post by Cyndi Fales
- Wave 2 Tips and Recipes from Cindy Mann
- New Ideas for Desk Top Lunches -- Guest Post by Deb Dixon
- 23 Mediterranean Diet Tips from a Blue Zone (includes recipes)
- Eating Out on a Mediterranean Diet -- Guest Post by Kellie Burkinshaw
- A Sonoma Passover -- Guest Post by Leslie Katz (includes recipes)
- Salads that Satisfy -- Guest Post by Laura DeFilippo (includes links to recipes)
- Passover Mediterranean Style -- Guest Post by Diane Paul (includes recipe)
- Infusing Herbs and Spices -- Guest Post by Pam Leppin
- Enjoy Breakfast -- Guest Post by Kelly Velasquez (includes recipes)
- Sleeping Beauty or Beast -- Guest Post by Cyndi Fales
- Stark Raving Med -- Guest Post by Kathleen Halverson
- Good Fats -- Guest Post by Aryeh Hirsch
- How to Wash All Those Vegetables (and fruit) -- Guest Post by Eileen Lewis
- Go Fish -- Guest Post by Laura DeFilippo (includes recipe)
- Reading Food Labels -- Guest Post by Lydia Lui
- Great Grains -- Guest Post by Aryeh Hirsch
- Guiltless Sweets -- Guest Post by Peggy Savage
- Eating Mediterranean on a Budget
- Wave 3 -- Guest Post by Cyndi Fales
- Move More! How to Incorporate Exercise and Activity into our Busy, Busy Lives -- Guest Post by Kelly Velasquez
- Confessions of a Backslider -- Guest Post by Gennith Johnson
- Mediterranean Potluck
- Building Better Bento
- Mediterranean Challenge Results
- Keep Your Friends and Family Safe from Foodborne Illnesses
Our October Unprocessed Follow-Up
During the Mediterranean Diet challenge one of the things we focused on was eating whole, unprocessed food. We found that can be a challenge with the food choices we face day-to-day, so we spent October exploring unprocessed food. It was truly an exercise in awareness. Read on to learn more about eating unprocessed and try it yourself for 30 days.
Hesitant to commit? Here are a couple things that might ease your concerns.
- The 80/20 rule. Make a commitment to eat unprocessed foods 80 percent of the time and don't worry about the rest.
- The deliberate exception. This could be that you'll drink Gatorade on runs over 6 miles or that you'll indulge in a piece of chocolate cake on your son's birthday. Just establish your exceptions before starting the challenge so they are a deliberate choice and not a default reaction to a habit.
Many thanks to Kellie Rowden-Racette who introduced us to October Unprocessed in her Unprocessed Shunprocessed post during our 30 Day Mediterranean Lifestyle Challenge.
- October Unprocessed -- Guest Post by Kellie Rowden-Racette
- Do's and Don'ts of October Unprocessed -- Choosy Moms Choose Jif No More
- Day 1 of October Unprocessed (includes Spa Cookie recipe)
- In Search of Unprocessed Chocolate Bars
October Unprocessed Resources