I am the human resources director for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) in Rockville, MD. I earned my BS in Business Administration from the University of South Carolina and I'm a proud Gamecock. I work hard to make the ASHA National Office a desirable workplace. I'm proud of the recognition ASHA has received as a health and wellness trailblazer, an ecoleader, and a generally great place to work.
I started Inside Workplace Wellness to share my experience leading our workplace wellness efforts. In 2011, I incorporated to consult with a few select organizations and help them ease the path to a healthy lifestyle for their employees. I serve as a subject matter expert for iWorkwell and I've authored a number of articles on their site. I've also started accepting more speaking engagements. (It's funny how much time you have once your children are grown.)
The views I express in this blog are my own personal opinions; I do not seek to represent my employer in any way. And, one more disclaimer, I have established affiliate programs with Amazon, Perform Better and Road ID. They're not profitable, but they are some of my favorite sources for products that support our wellness efforts.
Your comments on my posts are not only welcome, but appreciated. You can also reach me by email at email@example.com.
- Apps That Steer You to Quality Care: New tools for your mobile devices help you navigate the options and choose the highest-quality hospitals and clinics., The ASHA Leader, November 2014
- Boost Your Resilience, The ASHA Leader, May 2014
- Make it Work: Manage UP, The ASHA Leader, October 2013
- Get the Most from a Job Offer, The ASHA Leader, May 2012
- Are Your Association's Business Cards Social Media Friendly?, Smart Blog on Social Media, February 2011
- Getting to Good-bye: 10 Tips to a Less Painful Termination, Smart Blog Insights, January 2011
- When the Candidate Experience Matters Most: 4 Tips to Help Candidates Feel Good Even When They Don’t Get the Job, Smart Blog Insights, December 2010
- Tools for a Successful Job Search, January 1997
You can see a more complete list of publications on Linkedin.