1 lb = 3,500 calories
3,500 x 15 = 52,500 calories/365 days = 143.83
There are roughly 143 calories in:
- one flour tortilla
- six hershey kisses
- 21 almonds
- 1 oz of potato chips
- 1/4 cup of chocolate ice cream
- one grande skim latte
- 6 oz of red wine or one beer
On the flip side, it's not that hard to burn an extra 143 calories a day.
- 30 minutes of walking, about 1.5 miles or 3,000 steps
- 15 minutes of stair climbing
- 30 minutes of gardening
- 30 minutes playing with kids (moderate effort)
- 15 minutes of swimming
- 15 minutes of biking
I've been contemplating how fine the line is between gaining and losing weight quite a bit lately. No wonder the pounds tend to sneak up on us.
And, a little more about the wine in this two minute news segment.
Extra Tastes Can Turn Into a Pound of Weight Gain in a Week